The house was built in 1895 by Hugh Williams, a miller. It has an abundance of gingerbread decoration on the exterior, with flower-patterned, wrought-iron cresting at the top of a bay window. The town bought the house in 1964 but it had become derelict by the time Hughes bought it from the town by tender in 1984.
Please take care of our heritage homes as they are only around once.
Stories About Judith Hughes