This Product is being made at the Carp Flour Mills at Carp– 20 miles from the Capital City, on the Pembroke Highway. In three months over 110 merchants were stocking the line in Ottawa alone. In the early part of James Kyd, a well known grocery broker of Ottawa, was secured by Mr. Hopkins to take over tbe selling and distribution of Mello-Creme, and by the spring of the same year the sales had spread over all Eastern Ontario and into Montreal, also the Eastern Townahipa of Quebec, besides Toronto, which was being given a trial. It was decided that a limited company should be formed to lake over the new cereal.
MELLO CREME BREAD — EWAN Bakery, Ottawa
Adopted for Bread
In conjunction with the sale of Mello-Creme for a cereal, has come its rapid adoption to the making of a whole wheat bread. Today thousands of loaves of Mello-Creme Bread are being made In Ottawa and many points as far as Windsor by the Kwan Bread Company. The popularity of the bread is demonstrated by the fact that there is never a loaf left over and the Ewan Bread Company (95 Echo Drive) is now making alterations to their building- to take care of the tremendously increased demand.-10 Dec 1927
Later at 95 Echo Drive
- Could This Be the Best Banana Bread Ever?
- Old fashioned Raisin Bread WITH ZEST
- Twenty Five Cents a Plate at Mrs. Laurie’s Bakery and Confectionery
- Wondrous! The Woodcock Bakery
- Cake By the Mississippi — The Bowland Bakery
- Lorne Hart– The Old Towne Bakery — A Recipe is Just a Recipe
- Roy Woodcock Photo -Woodcock’s Bakery
- Before there was Baker Bob’s There was The Almonte Bakery
- Bill Jenkins- Riverman and Wedding Cake Maker?
- Remembering the Smells of Heaven on Earth —Davidson’s Bakery
- Mellowing About Mello Rolls