A pretty sweet grab today a hand written note from Bennett Rosamond House of Commons 1894. The Rosamonds were one of the first industrial developers in Carleton place starting a woolen business in 1830. By 1846 they built a woolen mill on the Mississippi (credited with being the first known textile mill to be ran by water power in eastern Ontario). Then moving on to Almonte in 1857, they build another woolen Mill that still stands there today.
In 1862 Bennett Rosamond and his brother William leased the Victoria Woolen Mills from their father under the partnership of B & W Rosamond and embarked upon a programme of rapid expansion. In 1866, they brought into the firm, now renamed B & W Rosamond & Co-MVTM