|Darling Township seems to have been mostly a timber area (red & white pine).|
In 1864 Tatlock had a post office with James Guthrie as postmaster. Tatlock PO shows in the Historical Atlas for Lanark County
Is on the town line between Darling & Lanark Twps. Brightside PO is marked on the in the Historical Atlas also. William Lochead was postmaster in the late 1880s.
White PO is showing in the Historical Atlas with roads linking it to Clyde Forks in Lavant Twp and Brightside/Tatlock.
With files from The Keeper of the Scrapbooks — Christina ‘tina’ Camelon Buchanan — Thanks to Diane Juby— click here..
William Caldwell and his wife Margaret McCallum, grandparents of the late T. B. Caldwell, a prominent resident of Lanark Village settled here as well as James McIlraith and his wife Euphemia Stewart. Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Currie of the south corner of Brightside as well as three families from the Stewart clan were residents at the Clatchan. Read–The Clachan – William Smith– The Buchanan Scrapbook
For all of Lanark County’s Brochures CLICK here