So what did we learn about this old photo from the Almonte Gazette and Carleton Place Canadian from the Carleton Place and Beckwith Heritage Museum?
I thought these should be documented for future Lanark County humour..
Judy Arnott identified this photo— Lanark Village, replacing the old bridge on Main street.
1.Ken Barr— Isn’t that the walkway Terry Donaldson drove his Mini across?
Apparently Ken it was..
2. Folks noticed on The Tales of Carleton Place that the sign had acquired a few shots.
Apparently–A metal sign is a golden opportunity.
- It’s a solid target that won’t fall over If you shoot it
- You don’t have to pay for the target
- It is already set up for you, so you don’t have to walk to set it up nor retrieve it after finished shooting
- It is in an area where no one else is around before and after the target
- It is straight on from where you are standing
- It makes a loud rewarding ding when you shot it
- The 0 is a pre-painted bullseye for you
We also found out that it was taken in 1977–1978
Carleton Place and Beckwith Heritage Museum Photo
Come and visit the Lanark County Genealogical Society Facebook page– what’s there? Cool old photos–and lots of things interesting to read. Also check out The Tales of Carleton Place.
Information where you can buy all Linda Seccaspina’s books-You can also read Linda in The Townships Sun andScreamin’ Mamas (USA)
Odd that they wouldn’t think to turn off the power with a crane working below.
I never ask questions LOL