I miss Strauss Banana Chocolate Ice Cream I used to buy at the Berkelely Bowl in California. The sweet flavors of roasted, ripe bananas and chocolate chips blended into a smooth, rich dessert. So I attempted to bring back the taste today– and I went via the highway and instead of using regular chocolate chips I used small Bulk Barn chocolate medallions.
This is an amazing recipe but:
It says 55 minutes baking time- check it at 47 minutes and don’t use anything but chocolate chips because some of the medallions melted fully and formed a loaf bottom that was a little crusty although everyone else said it was great!
- Remove odd pots and pans from oven. ?? Is this common Lol?
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and crushed bananas.
- Combine well.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla.
- Mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.
- Keeps well, refrigerated
Information where you can buy all Linda Seccaspina’s books-You can also read Linda in The Townships Sun andScreamin’ Mamas (USA)