Photo and files from Carleton Place and Beckwith Heritage Museum
Charles Burgess “Grist Mill” at CPR siding (between The “Mews” and Wool Growers – 2005). Photograph circa 1900-1920. A grain silo can be seen in the background and there are two wagons being drawn by horses. This photo loaned to museum by AB. Hurdis. Taken 1900-1920. The Mill was sold to to Russell Munro and torn down about 1950.
Kenneth Jackson== yes long before the Mews ,a Mr. Munro had a feed store there and a Mr.Stontan Stanzel delivered freight out of the freight shed that used to be there.
Related BURGESS reading: