PLEASE VOTE FOR US TODAY–you have until January 31st!!!
FedEX is giving $5000 away to a charity. Voting is important.
Takes a second for the page to come up… then type in Lanark County Genealogical Society and VOTE
The rules and regulations if you need to see them:
Give your favourite Canadian charity the chance to win $5,000 in our FedEx Cares Winter Canadian Charity Delivery contest. Simply search for the registered Canadian charity of your choice and vote for them to win! The deadline to nominate your favourite charity is January 31. Vote now at http://on.fb.me/1PUlXtH. (Please note that mobile voting is not supported at this time.)
This quarterly initiative is another way for us to give back to Canadian communities, beyond our corporate and employee-directed charitable giving programs. #FedExCares
FedEx Cares Winter Canadian Charity Delivery Contest Rules The “FedEx Cares Winter Canadian Charity Delivery Contest” (the “Contest”) is administered by Federal Express Canada Ltd. (“FedEx”) and consists of a random draw based on nominations of Canadian charities and related votes on the FedEx Facebook page, where the selected Canadian charity will receive a US $5,000 charitable donation from FedEx. The Contest period commences at 12:01 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on Tuesday, January 12, 2016 and concludes on Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 11:59 pm ET (the “Contest Period”).
Just in case you didn’t know who we are:
Lanark County Genealogical Society’s (LCGS) goal is to foster the study of genealogy with emphasis on families which live, or have lived Lanark County, Ontario Canada.
LCGS is a not-for-profit and charity organization with an international membership who all have family lineage to our counties early settlers and heritage.
- encourage and promote interest in genealogy among the general public
- maintain a GENEALOGICAL REFERENCE LIBRARY which provides genealogists a centre for reference books and other published material pertaining to Lanark County families;
- share techniques for research;
- encourage compilation and publication of lineage charts, family group sheets and family histories;
- lend assistance to those who are trying to collect or preserve local historical memorabilia;
- collect and preserve genealogical and related local historical data by indexing local census returns; compiling and indexing local obituaries and recording local cemeteries;
- publish material related especially to Lanark County families and biographical local history and,
- support ARCHIVES LANARK in its role as a repository for documentary materials pertaining to the cultural, genealogical and historical heritage of Lanark County.
If our county links to your past, join us at our monthly meetings, visit the reference library or Archives Lanark where you can network with others who also share your interest of preserving Lanark County Ontario family histories and heritage.