To be a butcher is hard work, and I cannot even imagine how their job becomes second nature to them. While I was putting the J. E. Bennett blog together I can’t even imagine the horror that James Bennett would emit if he knew his hard earned ground beef was being put into a Manwich. Remember those?
“A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal.”
In 1969 Hunt’s came up with a marketing genius even better than that of Hamburger Helper. Savory tomato goodness in a can, ready to be united in marriage to a package of ground beef and slobbered over a hamburger bun to overflowing. If your jaw doesn’t practically dislocate when you take a bite, and a clump of saucy meat doesn’t drop onto your lap, you’ve failed to grasp the concept of the beloved sandwich known as a Manwich. In case you have forgotten how to make them here is the recipe:
Sloppy Joes sandwich recipe is made quickly with Manwich and served on sweet King’s Hawaiian hamburger buns for an easy sandwich. KING’S HAWAIIAN® is a registered trademark of King’s Hawaiian Holding Company, Inc.
- 15PREP TIME(MINUTES)
- 15TOTAL TIME(MINUTES)
- 3 INGREDIENTS
- 1 pound ground round beef (85% lean)
- 1 can (15 oz each) Manwich® Original Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 1 pkg (9.6 oz each) KING’S HAWAIIAN® Hamburger Buns
- Cook beef in large skillet over medium-high heat 7 minutes or until crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally; drain. Stir in Sloppy Joe sauce; heat through.
- Divide meat mixture evenly between buns.